CUPA PIZARRAS natural slate covers St. James Church in the Belgian town of Eversel
CUPA PIZARRAS natural slate covers St. James Church, located in the Belgian town of Eversel (Limburg, Belgium).
The roof, with a total surface of 400 square meters, was restored in 2012 with our CUPA 4 natural slate, which highlights its beautiful facade.
CUPA 4 NATURAL SLATE
CUPA 4 is a blue-black slate with a smooth surface. Our natural slate is split to an average thickness of 3.5 and 5mm.
It is available in several formats, including rectangular, cut shoulders, fish scale and rounded. St James Church was restored by our Belgian partners, Renotec (Geel).
FROM ST. CHRISTOPHER TO ST. JAMES
A chapel dedicated to St. Christopher was built in 1511. A new chapel was constructed in 1750, but in this case, in honour of Saint James. Finally, Saint-James Parish was created in 1839 and St. James Church was built in 1848.
The church contains an important organ from Sint-Willibrorduskerk (Heusden). It dates from around 1770. St. James Church roofing was restored in 2012 with our natural slate.