Why is Readyslate better for your roof than any cedar shake product?
Taking the time to carefully evaluate the products for your home or your next project can be stressful and overwhelming – roofing can even more complicated.
If you have arrived here, you are probably looking for the best possible roofing product. Have you ever heard of Readyslate? It is the first pre-assembled natural slate roofing system, and it has quickly become one of the best roofing solutions available on the market.
What are Readyslate’s main advantages? To answer this question, let’s compare it with a popular roofing product, the cedar shake.
- Material: cedar shingles or cedar shakes are basically made from wood while Readyslate modules are composed of hand-split, natural slate – the best possible roofing material.
- Durability: natural slate has a lifespan of at least 100 years compared to the 30-year maximum of cedar shakes. Install Readyslate and forget about future roof replacements.
- Fire Resistance: Readyslate has been classified as Class A, the highest available rating against fire. Natural slate is a rock and does not burn. Cedar shingles, made of wood, have the potential to be a fire hazard.
- Aesthetics: while both cedar shakes and natural slate create a beautiful roof, it’s difficult for any other product to achieve the status of a material molded by nature for over 500 million years.
- Maintenance: Readyslate roofs are low maintenance due to their durability and only require general visual inspections. On the other hand, cedar shingle maintenance must include protective treatments every one to three years.
- Fast and Easy Installation: Readyslate modules have been created to simplify the installation process. Our 4-step installation process requires no special machinery or skilled labor.
|Hand-split quarried natural slate|
Want to know more about Readyslate? Our technical team is ready to answer any questions you may have!