CUPA PIZARRAS joins the US Green Building Council for a sustainable architecture
We are proud to announce that CUPA PIZARRAS has joined the US Green Building Council (USGBC).
PROMOTING A HEALTHIER AND GREENER ARCHITECTURE
The US Green Building Council is a non-profit organization promoting sustainability in building design and construction. They lead the entire industry on designing buildings that are environmentally friendly, profitable and healthful.
CUPA PIZARRAS’ commitment to the environment shows in the products we make and sell, in the continuous improvements to our production processes and in the innovative construction solutions we have designed, that feature a clear focus on reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
We are specialists in producing an ecological material and are committed to developing construction solutions that boost the use of natural products. Thus, joining the US Green building Council is a part of our environmental policy.
As CUPA PIZARRAS, The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is committed to transforming the way our buildings are designed. And the best way to achieve it is to choose environment-friendly materials.
As a matter of fact, independent studies performed internationally, such as by the Inventory of Carbon and Energy (ICE, University of Bath), highlight natural slate as the material with least negative effects on the physical environment.
Slate is subject only to extraction and working processes and does not need any additional treatment. The simplicity of its production process, which does not need any artificial materials, furnaces or chemical products, make it the sustainable alternative for any project.
OUR ONGOING SUSTAINABLE EFFORTS
We at CUPA PIZARRAS are proud to offer the market a natural product with lower environmental impact than any other alternative for roofs and cladding.
We are specialists in producing an ecological material and are committed to developing construction solutions that boost the use of natural products.
- CUPA PIZARRAS has ISO 14001 certification, specifically reflecting our environmental protection plan.
- DAPc® certification. It is an eco-labelling programme focusing on the transparency through which we commit to improving our production processes.
- FDES® certification. The French FDES Environment and Health Declarations analyse the complete life cycle of our products and certify their low environmental impact.
- Water recycling. As natural slate needs a certain level of moisture, we have created closed circuits to reuse water and reduce consumption to a minimum.
- Restoration of quarries. Once the reserves of slate have been exhausted, the quarry can be restored by hydroseeding native plants, so ensuring natural recovery of the local flora and fauna.
- Marine transport. Over 60% of our production already uses ship transport, which is cleaner and more efficient.
Find out more about our environmental policy here.