Don’t miss the shortlisted of the Scottish Home Awards!
Just a few days to go to the Scottish Home Awards and you still don’t know the finalist projects? Have a look at the best works across the housing industry in Scotland.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
The Scottish Home Awards recognise excellence in the Scottish house building industry. It is an independent awards programme, run for the benefit of the housebuilding community. They were founded in 2007 with the objective of helping house builders and housing associations sell, rent or promote their properties more effectively.
The 9th annual awards will highlight excellence in 18 different categories with 66 shortlisted companies covering the breadth of the Scottish house building industry:
- House of The Year (sponsored by Cupa Pizarras)
- House Builder of the Year (more than 150 units)
- House Builder of the Year (less than 150 units)
- Large affordable housing development (housing associations) (more than 100 units)
- Small affordable housing development (housing associations) (less than 100 units)
- Affordable housing development (private builders)
- Apartment development (existing buildings)
- Apartment development (new build)
- Architectural excellence award (single dwelling house)
- Customer service excellence
- Development of The Year (Age Exclusive)
- Large Housing Development of the Year
- Renovation of The Year
- Show Home of The Year Small Housing Development of the Year
- Starter Home of the Year
- Housing Association of the Year (less than 2,000 units)
- Housing Association of the Year (more than 2,000 units)
The winners will be revealed next Thursday 16 June 2016 at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange.
MEET THE FINALISTS
CUPA PIZARRAS, the world leader in natural slate, can’t miss the opportunity of being part of Scotland’s largest independent awards programme for the housing industry. So, as we have done on previous editions, we are sponsoring one of the most relevant categories: House of the Year, with these 7 shortlisted projects:
- Avant Homes – The Westbury
- Bellway Homes – The Sunningdale
- Dandara – The Townhouse
- Kerry Smith Architects – Newton of Classlochie
- Miller Homes – The Crompton
- Snowdrop Developments – House A
- Stewart Milne – Noblewood
Newton of Classlochie (Kerry Smith Architects), with a Heavy 3 roof and shortlisted as House of the Year.
Have a look at the list of all 2016 finalists: http://kdmedia.co.uk/homeawards/finalists/
Besides, we are more than proud to announce that 8 of the finalists feature our Heavy 3 natural slate on their roof!
- Kerry Smith Architects – Newton of Classlochie, shortlisted as House of the year.
- Lorn Macneal/ Glencairn Properties – Cumberland Street Mews, (Edinburgh) shortlisted in the Architectural excellence award category (single dwelling house)
- O’Shea Architecture – Treetops House, Dunkeld, Perthshire (Architectural excellence award (single dwelling house))
- Scott Strachan and THCL – Lomond Muir Farm House, Scotlandwell, Kinross-shire (Architectural excellence award (single dwelling house))
- CALA Homes East – Craigpark, Ratho, Edinburgh (Large Housing Development of the Year)
- Glencairn properties- Bellevue Apartments, Edinburgh (Small Housing development of the Year)
- Good House Co and Kerry Smith Architects – Newton of Classlochie, Kinross (Small Housing development of the Year)
- WS Dunsire – Kames, Bridge of Allan (Small Housing development of the Year)
Cumberland Street Mews (Lorn Macneal/ Glencairn Properties), with a Heavy 3 roof and shortlisted for the Architectural excellence award.
We wish them the best of luck!
Have a look at our Heavy 3 slate, the major solution for roofing in Scotland!