Scotland’s best housebuilders revealed!
The big day arrived! The best housebuilders in Scotland have been finally revealed last Thursday 16th June at the national awards celebration for housing held in Edinburgh.
There were 66 shortlisted companies but only 18 of them could win!
Find out here the winners:
- House of The Year (sponsored by Cupa Pizarras). Winner: Avant Homes The Westbury
- Large affordable housing development (housing associations) (more than 100 units). Winner: GHA Sighthill, Glasgow
- Small affordable housing development (housing associations) (less than 100 units). Winner: Southside Housing Association & Loretto Housing Association – Mosspark Boulevard, Cardonald, Glasgow
- Affordable housing development (private builders). Winner: CCG Panmure Street, Maryhill, Glasgow
- Apartment development (existing buildings). Winner: S1 Developments – Ellersly House, Edinburgh
- Apartment development (new build). Winner: MNM Developments Harbour Green, Portobello, Edinburgh
- Architectural excellence award (single dwelling house). Winner: HLM Architects Tigh Na Croit, Gorstan, Garve, Highlands
- Customer service excellence. Winner: CALA Homes and Linstone Housing Association
- Development of The Year (Age Exclusive). Winner: Castle Rock Edinvar – Fortune Place, Edinburgh
- Large Housing Development of the Year. Winner: Dundas Estates Calderwood Village, Coatbridge
- Small Housing Development of the Year. Winner: Whiteburn Parkview, Dundee
- Renovation of The Year. Winner: Laurel Homes Dunlop Manor, Ayrshire
- Show Home of The Year Small Housing Development of the Year. Winner: Queensberry Properties Woodcroft, Edinburgh
- Starter Home of the Year. Winner: Bellway Homes The Pyrus
- Housing Association of the Year (less than 2,000 units). Winner: Craigdale Housing Association
- Housing Association of the Year (more than 2,000 units). Winner: Thenue Housing Association
- House Builder of the Year <150 units. Winner: S1 Developments
- House Builder of the Year >150 units. Winner: CALA Homes
We were really pleased to sponsor the Scottish Home Awards, with the nominees in the House of the Year category showcasing the very best in Scottish architecture. For a house to be considered great, it must be composed of the highest quality materials to ensure durability, sustainability and that all important polished finish.
CUPA PIZARRAS has been quarrying slate for more than a century. The company leads the world in slate production, supplying around one in every three natural roofing slates specified around the globe.
Cupa Heavy 3 is the biggest seller in the Scottish market due to its similarities with the most popular indigenous slate (Ballachulish) and its proven durability record. Actually, 8 of the shortlisted projects of 2016 Scottish Home Awards feature our Heavy 3 natural slate!
For further information about our Heavy 3, download our brochure.
Find more pictures of the event at the Home Awards photo gallery: http://kdmedia.co.uk/homeawards